[mythtv-users] DVDs with RANDOM or SHUFFLE titles

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Oct 23 11:57:27 UTC 2009

Every now and then I end up with a DVD that won't play, and I've
usually got to do some workaround to be able to watch it. It seems
that it usually comes down to 1 of 2 things:
1) Some form of copyright protection using bad sectors
2) DVDs that use RANDOM or SHUFFLE titles

For #1, I've just learned to use ddrescue to rip an iso and then play
that. As for #2, usually I have to work around it by ripping just the
main title and not being able to view the extras. However, I've now
run into a problem, in that Transformers 2 implements both features
and I can't seem to figure out how to accomplish both steps. I'd
accept advice telling me how to use both together (such as how to get
myth's DVD ripping to operate with the ISO as the source). However,
what I'd really like is a more proper solution that allows me to view
the extras right from the ISO file. Is there some way to get myth to
handle these DVDs with RANDOM and SHUFFLE title (whatever that
means....all I know is frontend log file says:  "libdvdnav: RANDOM or
SHUFFLE titles are NOT handled yet"). I'm using 0.21 at the moment.

--
Ron Frazier