[mythtv-users] Transcoding my recordings down to AVI (DIVX?) format?

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 01:19:20 UTC 2009

> I didn't think of going with h264 because my recordings are all analog/2ch,
> I suppose I just mentally defaulted to AVI for them. I actually do watch a
> lot of HD stuff in MKV and it's kinda my "go-to" format as it is, so yeah, I
> will check nuvexport and mythnuv2mkv. If they can be set up as a user job,
> well hoo haa this should be pretty simple...

In that case I would focus on going with H264 and MKV. That will give
you the best quality for a given file size and MKV is a good reliable
container. I don't think nuvexport can do H264 so you may want to
focus on mythnuv2mkv. I haven't set that up as a user job personally,
but I have seen it recommended several times on the list. Good luck.