[mythtv-users] Paint Engine question...

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Fri Oct 23 00:59:31 UTC 2009

A JM wrote:
> glxinfo | grep direct
>
> direct rendering: Yes
>     GL_EXT_Cg_shader, GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test, GL_EXT_direct_state_access,
>

> No, I can't run glxgears from a command line.
>
> Geforce 8300 on board video on a Zotac MB.
>
> A JM,

You cant run it because you get an error?  Its not found?  Your computer spontaneously turns into a chicken?

The chicken problem is well know, there is a setting in xorg.conf:  Chicken "fried"

lol, wow I crack myself up.

In your xorg.conf file, is the driver set to "nvidia"?

you might also check the Xorg.0.log and see if things look right in there.  I have things like:

(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libglx.so
(II) Module glx: vendor="NVIDIA Corporation"
    Module class: X.Org Server Extension
(II) NVIDIA GLX Module  185.18.14  Wed May 27 03:09:07 PDT 2009

Also look for any (EE) lines.

Oh, also, if glxgears exists, run ldd on it and see if you have any missing libraries.

-Andy