[mythtv-users] mythcommflag && mythvideo (2nd try)

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 22 18:15:18 UTC 2009

----- "Robert McNamara" <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Nasa <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:
> > Just to update this -- the latest version from my distro (Mandriva)
> is 0.5, I
> > went and downloaded the svn version which didn't have the hang
> issue.  I fully
> > expect that the mythcommflag issue will go away once I recompile
> against the svn
> > version of ffmpeg.
> >
> > Nasa
> >

> Myth doesn't compile against ffmpeg, we import the libraries in a
> rather laborious ffmpeg sync process several times a year.  So myth
> doesn't get compiled against your local ffmpeg libs.

I guess I remember reading about that...

When was the last sync?  And could I possibly be the only one seeing this (mythcommflag hanging)?
Given what I have seen between the two versions of ffmpeg -- is that likely to be the problem or is there some other area I should be looking at?  I am considering the suggestion of using mythtranscode.  However, unless I can dump that to /dev/null, I don't know if I have enough disk space to create a script to update all these files (20G a pop adds up quick), not to mention how long it would take...

Nasa