[mythtv-users] What are people using to get RSS fed videos like Revision3 and others?

Norm Dressler mlists at dressler.ca
Thu Oct 22 17:30:06 UTC 2009

Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Norm Dressler <mlists at dressler.ca> wrote:
>
>> I was using Mirobridge but Miro no longer works with the version VDPAU I've
>> upgraded too (190.42 I believe).  It hasn't been 'stable' for me so looking
>> for another solution that I can set direct feeds into.
>>

> Miro and Mirobridge don't make any modifications to the video.  The
> videos you download will be identical no matter what you use to get
> them.  Miro and Mirobridge are merely a conduit to get them in to
> myth.  Anyway, most of the Revision3 stuff is (even with their highest
> quality feed) easily playable with even a low end CPU, why not just
> use software decode?
>
> Robert

Sorry you misunderstand my requirement.  I have a sufficient system to
play HD (I currently run an HD-PVR, etc).  No problems there - I'm
looking for a plugin or similar that will simply download the videos
based on their RSS feeds and a schedule and put them in the Recorded
Shows part of my system like Mirobridge did.  I don't need to transcode
or change the video I want --

Norm