[mythtv-users] Lossless remux ISO to MKV for .22 video storage groups

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 14:47:35 UTC 2009

> Like I said, I don't have any files with multiple titles to try it
> with.  I would have thought that both programs would list them in the
> order they appear on the DVD, but it sounds like maybe not.  You could
> use "makemkvcon info iso:${INFILE}".  With the output from that, you
> could grep out a list of titles with times and sort it to find the
> longest.  I don't really have the time right now to figure that out,
> but maybe this weekend.

Just to clarify they do list them in the same order. It is just that
makemkv filters out any titles that are shorter than the "minimum
title length" setting. For example I had a dvd that had title 1 that
was 10 seconds, followed by the main title, and the default minimum
was 120 seconds. So lsdvd shows the main title as title 2, but makemkv
ignores that first title and shows the main title as title 1. I could
reduce the minimum title length setting to 2 seconds, but I couldn't
get rid of it all together. So as long as there is no title shorter
than 2 seconds before the main title the script will work fine as is.