[mythtv-users] A new theme on the way...

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 14:40:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 5:36 AM, Phill Wiggin <alamar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> But it does seem a bit odd to me to care so much about the font looking
>> "just so".  Then again, I'm no great appreciater of art. =)
>
> I am pleased to announce that after some deep soul searching, I have
> decided that Arclight will be released using free fonts only.  It is
> with great pleasure that unveil the free Arclight, that it might be
> used by free peoples everywhere to pursue their free lives full of
> free freedom.
>
> http://www.fecitfacta.com/fontsdontmatter.png

> not
>

> Robert

Robert:

I know that developing for Myth can be a thankless task, with many
people demanding to know precisely why you didn't include the
particular feature that they want/need for their particular setup, or
questioning why you took one approach over another -- especially if it
doesn't fit in with their particular worldview (we all remember the
ugliness over the move to SchedulesDirect).

I for one appreciate all of your hard work -- and that of everyone who
does anything to extend or improve MythTV -- whether or not I use that
particular feature/theme/plugin/etc.  Having a robust and diverse
ecosystem around MythTV means that there is more likely to be
features/themes/plugins that I want to use, even if there are many
that I don't.

Not every addition the MythTV has to please everyone.  If someone
doesn't like something -- whether its for its functionality or its
license -- they don't have to put it in their system.  However, even
if they don't like it, the mere existence of these items means that
there is likely to be more development work on things that they do
want or like.

I just want to say that I appreciate all of your work and don't let
the nay-sayers get you down.

George