[mythtv-users] A new theme on the way...

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 04:45:04 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 9:38 PM, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:
> Chris Ribe wrote:
>>
>> I am aware that there is a long history of popular non-GPL themes, but a
>> license that "disallows copying or derivative works" is unlike any Creative
>> Commons license I am aware of.
>
> There's a whole series of Creative Commons licenses, so people can pick
> whatever they find suits their purposes best.  They're basically a
> combination of three variables: Is attribution required?  Is commercial use
> allowed?  Are derivative works allowed?  There are versions of the license
> with pretty much any combination of these you like.  The only thing they
> have in common is all of them allow some form of copying:
> http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses/

Indeed.  Copying will be fine.  The license was borne out of my choice
of font, and my anticipation that if I allowed derivative works, that
someone would invariably hack together "the free Arclight"-- if I
can't find a font that comes close to being as elegant, then I have
some serious reservations about allowing anyone else to do so.  Since
copying doesn't have anything to do with this issue, it'll be fine to
redistribute.

Robert