[mythtv-users] Lossless remux ISO to MKV for .22 video storage groups

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 21:11:10 UTC 2009

> I recently used this to remux my entire iso collection to mkv.  I
> wrote a little script to ease use of the commandline version of
> makemkv so that I could batch process my few hundred iso's.  The
> script is below.  I named it iso2mkv on my system.  You can then go
> into a directory of iso's and do a "for movie in *.iso; do iso2mkv
> ${movie}; done" to process all of them.  Hope this helps someone.
> Joel

This is great. I didn't even know that had a command line interface.
One question, the ISOs I have converted create several MKV files, one
for each title on the DVD (extras, intros, etc). Was this a problem
for you? Was title00.mkv always the main movie, or did you have to go
back and do some manual clean up?