[mythtv-users] HDhomerun or PVR 2250

Dennis Cartier dennis.cartier at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 19:56:21 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 2:30 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:

> Michael Drons wrote:
>
>> I am looking to upgrade my PVR250 & PVR500 capture cards, so that I can
>> record the QAM channels.  My options are the HD Homerun or a Hauppauge
>> PVR2250 or something else (pcHDTV 5500)?   Did I miss some??
>>
>> Any comments or suggestions on which one I should get would be helpful.
>> It appears that the support of the Hauppauge solutions (1250,1600,2250) are
>> a work in progress???
>>

> HdHomeRun all the way. It's a single box solution which you can place
> remotely from the backend box and which only needs the antenna/cable input,
> some power and a network cable.
> But make sure beforehand that you can receive CLEAR QAM  channels.
>

> Geoff
>

> I also agree. I am running 2 HD Homeruns and find them to be exceptional. I
only use them for OTA ATSC, but even so they work great. The remote style of
deployment is also a neat feature.I have mine installed in a workshop at the
base of my tower behind my house. Al it took was a single 1 Gbit Ethernet
cable run.

I am not sure how they fare on QAM though.In my neck of the woods,
everything is encrypted.

Dennis

--
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.

Hunter S. Thompson, US journalist (1939 – 2005)