[mythtv-users] Lossless remux ISO to MKV for .22 video storage groups

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 16:32:50 UTC 2009

For those of you who want to set up video storage groups in .22, but
are being held back by the ISO limitations, I found a really simple
program that will remux the video, audio, and subtitles from an ISO
into an MKV container without re-encoding any of streams. It is called
MakeMKV. I am not associated with them, and only used for the first
time yesterday. It is free as in beer. They intend to roll the
Blu-ray/HD-DVD support into a shareware version but the DVD portion
will always be free.

You can get the Linux source and install instructions here:
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=224. It is really a
one trick pony, you just pick your ISO, pick the titles, audio, and
subtitles you want, and pick where to save. There aren't really
anymore settings: http://www.makemkv.com/onlinehelp/. I have only done
2 DVD ISO files but each only took a couple of minutes and everything
worked great and played back in mythtv fine.