[mythtv-users] Power efficient backend-only server

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 15:56:03 UTC 2009

2009/10/21 Vitani <vitani-mythtv at tfxsoft.com>
> Good point, I could quite easily live without it! I've always left it on as
> that's the default

Switch if off then :-)

> I was thinking of getting the PVR bundle from mini-itx.com
> (http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=38), but I think I may be better off with
> something a little more powerful, as I will be sharing these large video
> files to anywhere up to three clients. I'm thinking about getting a Jetway
> J7F4 board (http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=2#j7f4k) - 1.2GHz should be
> enough I think, with 1Gb of RAM.

Sounds ok to me, similar to what I have.  1GB should be fine too.

If you are just streaming files to clients this is not too taxing,
although see other posts re 100Mbit/Samab/NFS style limitations and if
you are already recording you can tell what size your files are and
what your requirements would be (depends on bit rate of the DVB
transmission to a certain extent)

Greg