[mythtv-users] re-recording after hard drive crash

Curtis Porter curtis.porter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 03:38:24 UTC 2009

Sometime today my mythtv storage hard drive crashed.  The database was
on a different disk and was backed up anyway, but the recordings were
too large for easy backups, so they are gone.  Not too big of a deal, I
can re-record most things I actually cared about, but I'd like to tell
myth to do so in a semi-automatic way.  What I'm thinking of is this:

delete from recorded;
update oldrecorded set duplicate=0 where recstatus= -3;

My hope is that doing that will cause myth to forget that it has
recorded everything I just lost recordings for, and my existing
recording rules will then cause it to re-record most of what I lost.  Am
I missing anything or about to royally screw up my database?

Thanks for any advice,

Curtis