[mythtv-users] Schedule Time Bump for Sports Overtime

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 01:29:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Jeff Wormsley <daworm at comcast.net> wrote:

> Johnny wrote:
>>
>> It doesn't do that. There is still no automated solution for the
>> problem of adjusting other recordings that follow a game. I was merely
>> responding to the statement that there was no way for the code to tell
>> when the game ended. The MER code automatically figures out when a
>> game ends, by using other sources. But it currently is only designed
>> to handle the case where someone wants to extend the recording of that
>> actual game. So finding out when a game ends shouldn't be the sticking
>> point on getting the other functionality the OP wanted.
>>

> So, if I am understanding correctly, the strategy would be to look at an
> upcoming recording, see if there were a game on before it, and if so when
> the recording time comes up, see what time the game finished (or if not,
> wait for it to), then add the times of everything between the end of the
> game and the start of the recording and offset the recording start time by
> that amount...
>
> Well, it might work sometimes, I suppose.  Sounds horribly complicated,
> though, and probably not worth anyone's effort to implement.

Not going to work in a foolproof manner in any event. eg

7.00 to 8.00pm sports game
8.00 to 8.30pm programme A
8.30 to 9.00pm programme B (set to record)
(other programming)
11.00 to 11.30 am programme C (set to record)

Say sports goes over time until 8.30pm. How does Myth know whether
Programme A has simply been dumped from the schedule, or in the
alternative, everything is postponed half an hour.

Assume then that everything is bumped half an hour. Is this still the
case at 11.00 the next morning? At what point do we stop assuming the
"bump" and accept that something has been dumped from the schedule?