[mythtv-users] New 50" Plasma, setting Myth for it?

David Knight dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Oct 20 12:57:24 UTC 2009

On Tue, October 20, 2009 6:06 am, Bruce Nordstrand wrote:

> On 20/10/09 4:02 PM, "Tortise" <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

Well my Panasonic isn't Full HD either (42PX80B) and is the same native
resolution but still gives the wow factor when playing back 720p and 1080p
material. Alot of professional reviews I have read suggest that there is
not much noticeable difference between 720p and 1080p on smaller displays.
Several suggested that 1080p is only of benefit when sitting very close to
the TV or on a large display e.g. 60"+

Dave K.