[mythtv-users] Need new Capture card...

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 11:47:46 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 3:22 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 3:16 PM, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > So it looks like currently there isn't a card that does both QAM and
> > Analog...
>
> You mean QAM and hardware mpeg2 analog.
>
> I believe the PVR1600 does that but it is a single tuner device.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815116033
>
> > but the HVR-2250 is close just missing driver support for the
> > Analog, correct?
> >

> The last info I heard is the 2250 does not have an analog driver.
>
> John

I tried looking through http://linuxtv.org for some information on the 2250
but the site is a little hard to follow, boat loads of links, etc. and I
didn't see a forum link.  Since the 2250 is a dual tuner card I like its
options and might consider waiting until a driver for Analog is completed if
I could find out some stats on that.

I stumbled across this site with some drivers for the 22xx series but
"assume" its not for Analog (http://steventoth.net/linux/hvr22xx/)?

Yes, mpeg2 is preferred as its much more friendly for converting and
watching on other devices.

The HVR-1600 is the other option as has been pointed out and does allow for
dual recording if I'm correct, one on Analog the other digital but not 2
digital or 2 Analog..?

Thanks guys for all the input.

Also thanks for the link with the card list, its helpful to see the options
and be able to compare quickly.

A JM,