[mythtv-users] New 50" Plasma, setting Myth for it?

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Tue Oct 20 04:37:12 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
Bruce Nordstrand <brucen at ksl.com.au> wrote:

> Don't know exactly what this panel will do yet, hasn't arrived from the
> shop. It's a Panasonic Viera TH-P50X10A HD panel 1368x768. According to
> Panasonic it is capable of 720p and 1080i.

To my calculations the dot density of this TV (presuming it is native 1368x768) is equivalent to a CRT SD set, which means that its
best image will be seen at a largish distance, what is your viewing distance?
If its native 1368x768 as the web also suggests then 1080i will be displayed downscaled.

and...

The 50" full HD's I looked at were well over 2K and my budget didn't go that far. Still, it's gotta be better than my 70cm CRT :)