[mythtv-users] Problems with Frontend after .22RC upgrade

Vidal Sainz vidal at lanwantech.net
Mon Oct 19 23:33:53 UTC 2009

Looks like my problems are due to qt4 and qt3 not playing nice with each
other.  I tried .22 with a clean database and had the same problem.  So
decided to roll back as Monday is a big TV day for me.  After rolling
back the frontend would not start either.  Once I removed qt4, the .21
frontend started working again without having to recompile anything.
Maybe this is something distro or hardware related...

My setup..
slackware 12.2 fairly recent patch level
2.6.27.7 kernel with recent linuxtv v4l driver to enable support for
hvr-1600
manually built qt4 using slackbuild.org script, installs to seperate
directory than qt3
Nvidia 7600 with version 185.18.36 driver
hvr-1600 tv card
hd5500 tv card
avermedia m179 tv card (oldie but a goodie)