[mythtv-users] Q: 0.22 RC1 Multiple tuners Scanning

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 21:04:20 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 4:49 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 1:45 PM, The GUIGuy <linux at finalfiler.com> wrote:
>> Excuse my ignorance on this, but on my multiple digital tuner 0.21 backend I
>> am able to scan channels on just one tuner card. The channel list is then
>> used by  the others.
>>
>> This doesn't seem to be the case  in 0.22. As best as I can work out I need
>> to scan every card, which seems extremely tedious.
>>
>> Can someone advise if this is the intended behaviour or is there an easier
>> way?
>
> Why would you need to scan with every card?  The channel definitions
> are held in the video sources-- scan with one card, connect the same
> video source to all cards.

Not to go off-topic (since the user asking the question seems
satisfied), but how exactly would what you proposed work if you have
cards providing different video standards (such as having one card
connected to over-the-air ATSC and the second card connected to a
ClearQAM source)?  You cannot assume that all cards can be connected
to the same video source.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller