[mythtv-users] HD-PVR IR - is it just for blasting or can it receive too?

Norm Dressler mlists at dressler.ca
Mon Oct 19 19:54:54 UTC 2009

Does the HD-PVR IR receive like a universal IR receiver or does it
currently only do IR blasting?  Either way, I'm looking at how I can
retire my firewire channel changing and perhaps eliminate the serial IR
I have at the same time.  The lest complexity and wires I have, the
better it looks in the end.

Do I still need to patch 2.6.31 kernel for it to work?  Is there a
readme or how-to that explains the steps needed to make this work?

Thanks
Norm