[mythtv-users] filesystem choice for an 8TB logical drive.

Jason Spears shadestalker at thatsmystapler.org
Mon Oct 19 18:11:01 UTC 2009

I'll risk heresy.

1. Remount existing drive as /data/d0
2. Add new drive with its own filesystem as /data/d1
symbolic links to /data/d?/*.(mpg|avi|mkv) or what have you.

Yes, it's trading one form of fiddly management for another, but the
symbolic links method doesn't have you futzing around trying to recover data
- you just know you're going to lose some and have to re-rip.  At least this
way there's a given amount of content unharmed and still online while you
get back what was lost.

Jason