[mythtv-users] Availability of 0.22-fixes in Mythbuntu

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Mon Oct 19 07:49:25 UTC 2009

At some point in the next month or two I want to upgrade my Mythbuntu
9.04 boxes to 91.0 with MythTV 0.22. However, my master backend boots
from RAID1, so I need to install Ubuntu first using the Alternate
installer and then apt-get the Mythbuntu packages.

Rather than try to do an Ubuntu upgrade and a MythTV upgrade in one go,
I would like to try running MythTV 0.22 on Jaunty for a while, so I can
make sure I have ironed out any Myth glitches before installing Karmic.

On the Mythbuntu wiki there are daily builds available, but these seem
to be based on trunk, rather than 0.22 fixes. So if I install Mythbuntu
trunk and subsequently install the official 0.22 Mythbuntu packages is
this likely to work?

I could build 0.22 fixes from source, bt as I am ultimately going to use
the Mythbuntu packages, I would prefer to start off using them.

Ian.