[mythtv-users] tmdb.pl failing to search for most movie titles

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 03:36:36 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 1:56 PM, ken <dinoshifty at mailshack.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > After updating to 0.22 I am trying to update all video metadata, however
> > tmdb.pl is failing to find results for approximately 95% of all
> searches.
> > It will however fetch metadata if I enter the imdb number manually.
> > Is anyone else experiencing similar problems.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Ken
>
> TMDB has been having trouble for the weekend, but the fact that you're
> able to get info w/ an IMDB # means it's likely your titles are not
> close enough to the actual film.  Not saying that they are, but if
> your titles were something like...
>
> $Title x264 xvid dvd l0l etc. etc.
>
> Then that's not going to work.  The title field needs to be the actual
> title of the film.

I've found that tmdb.pl finds most of my album infomation... there are a few
titles that I have problems with but I use imdb.pl as a supplement to
getting the movie's id.  I'm trying to get my script to work with
tmdb.plbut with one of my titles (my most favorite DVD) it breaks!
"Use of
uninitialized value" error:

$ /usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/tmdb.pl -D 0092086
Use of uninitialized value $releasedate in substr at
/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/tmdb.pl line 150.
Title:¡Three Amigos!
Director:
UserRating:0.0
Writers: