[mythtv-users] Need new Capture card...

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 00:19:48 UTC 2009

> What do I do about the unencrypted analog from the cable company, like
> channels (1-70...) don't they make something that will do both?

There aren't any capture devices that can do encrypted content. Your
options for those are whatever you can record from the outputs of a
set top box. Some companies will let you get that over firewire from
the set top box, but that is hit or miss. Most people just record the
analog output for SD content or now you can use the HD-PVR to record
the component outputs for HD content.