[mythtv-users] distortion/line across screen - atv - .22 trunk - ubuntu 9.04

Kevin Johnson dabears_rule at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 18 01:35:05 UTC 2009

Hey all.
I am using a apple tv running ubuntu 9.04 with the latest trunk .22 builds.
Since the last few updates, not sure when it changed, I get a thin line of blinking white dots across the whole screen when watching live tv or recordings.  It does not appear on the main screens.
I have to run standard xvmc for playback as the atv has is low powered.  If I change the playback profile decoders to other modes, the blinking dots do not appear, but of course playback stutters.
Anyone have any idea what this might be, or how I can go about hunting down the problem?
I am using the avenard repository.