[mythtv-users] Update from 190.36 to 190.40 Synaptic Update Frustrations (JYA Release)

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sat Oct 17 23:36:31 UTC 2009

Can anyone suggest why I repeatedly get this on one box when trying to update using the JYA release repository?

Failed to fetch http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos/dists/jaunty/release/binary-i386/Packages.bz2  Hash Sum mismatch
Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/jaunty-updates/main/source/Sources.bz2  Hash Sum mismatch
Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/jaunty-updates/universe/source/Sources.bz2  Hash Sum mismatch
Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Two other boxes have done it, however this one does not seem to want to pull down the latest versions and update.  I've rebooted,
reloaded, changed from the Main server to the NZ server and back, the files are seen on the same box at
http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos/release/?C=M;O=D, I've Ctrl-F5 those to be sure, still can't get Synaptic to pull them
down....(to upgrade from 190.36)