[mythtv-users] Problems with Mythbuntu/0.22/VDPAU/2.6.31

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 01:03:37 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/10/17 Norm <mlists at dressler.ca>:
> Hi all,
>
> I upgraded my kernel to 2.6.31 on Ubuntu tonight.  I wanted that kernel for
> the provided HD-PVR files and so that I can look to implement the ir
> blaster.  2.6.31 wouldn't compile the Nvidia 185 drivers I had installed, so
> I installed the 190 packages.  Well, this broke mythtv packages and actually
> removed them.  I keep being told that libmyth-0.22-0 depends on libvdpau0 or
> libvdpau something that I don't have.  I downgraded nvidia to 180 and it
> won't build either on 2.6.31.

nVidia drivers from where ?

Ubuntu/MythBuntu are build against nvidia-185-libvdpau ; as the
default nVidia drivers are packaged with the vdpau library.

If you are using the nvidia packages I've build on my repository, then
the vdpau libraries are packaged independently and all the vdpau
related packages are build against libvdau0 instead.

If you are using the mythbuntu/ubuntu mythtv packages and want to use
the nvidia drivers I package, then you have to manually install
libvdpau0 ....

> Well, the whole business has FUBAR'd my system.  I've been running 0.22 for
> quite some time for the vdpau and hd-pvr support.  I was using the Mythbuntu
> repositories, I also tried Jean-Yves repositories.

It's possible to combine both repository, but you need to be aware of
the issue mentioned above.