[mythtv-users] elementary MiroBridge error

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 21:10:50 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 12:28 -0700, Robert McNamara wrote:
>

>> mysql.txt is the legacy DB login information file.  It still exists
>> for use with legacy scripts but is not generated by myth itself any
>> more (which creates a config.xml when no mysql.txt or config.xml
>> exists).
>
> In that case, the easiest way to fix my problem might be to get rid of
> the mysql.txt file and let Myth create a config.xml file for me? Is
> there a recommended process for doing that? Does mythbackend or
> mythfrontend create it?
>
> --Greg

Exactly right, mythfrontend creates it for you.  You can move the
mysql.txt (and any fallback ones like in /etc) out of the way and you
should be prompted for your db info when you next start the FE (it may
also auto-detect it via uPnP) but regardless, you should end up with a
config.xml.  This presumes it's not able to find/fall back to a
mysql.txt elsewhere in one of its search paths (normally ~/.mythtv and
/etc/mythtv).

Robert