[mythtv-users] Anyone have an IguanaIR Transmitter working with Dish?

Ajay Sharma ajayrockrock at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 19:36:02 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 12:08 AM, Ajay Sharma <ajayrockrock at gmail.com>wrote:

> Before I chalk this up to an utter waste of money, I'd like to try debian
> stable.  So can you let me know those versions.  Also, did you have to build
> anything else from source besides lirc?

Replying to myself now.  I installed Debian Stable (i386 in case my problems
were related to 64-bit), installed the iguanaIR .deb from the site, rebuilt
lirc (0.8.3), and it failed.

Grabbed the lirc from their site (0.8.6), built that, and still fails.  I'm
just trying to do a simple channel changing test where:

for I in {1..100}
do
  ./change.sh 8000
  sleep 5
  ./change.sh 8001
  sleep 5
done

And about the third change in, it will timeout, fail to connect to the USB
device, cannot find the USB device, and a whole host of other weird errors.

I checked the usb-uirt forums and people are having problems with that
device too.  The commandIR device is too expensive.  I think the dream of
having a reliable USB ir transmitter/blaster to control a dish network box
is fading away.

--Ajay