[mythtv-users] elementary MiroBridge error

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri Oct 16 17:01:22 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 00:43 -0400, Raymond Wagner wrote:

> As such, the only two problems that could have occurred are:
> 1) Your database access file (config.xml) could not be found

If that's a necessary file, then this is my problem. This file is not
mentioned on the Wiki page or in any of the files that are in the
contrib/imports/mirobridge directory. Is this documented anywhere?

What is documented is the ~/.mythtv/mirobridge.conf file which is in
place.

> 2) You could not connect to the database, which means one of:
>      a) Your database is not running
>      b) Your config.xml points to the wrong server
>      c) The computer you are running on has not been given permission to
> access the database

Must be b) since I know the database is running and I am on the same
machine and logged in as the same user that mythfrontend runs as, so it
can't be a database permission issue.

--Greg