[mythtv-users] Hardware for Over the Air Digital

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 16:36:13 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Allen Edwards
<allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> The HDHR also runs very cool and I am guessing would pay for itself in
> power savings although I have not done the measurements.

I did some measurements a couple months ago, see
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/391983#391983 .  In
short, an idle HDHR draws about 2.5 watts.  With one recording in
progress, my test setup measured an additional 1 watt, but I don't
know how that 1 watt is divided between the HDHR and the network
switch.

Jim