[mythtv-users] mythshutdown on a slave backend

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Thu Oct 15 22:22:51 UTC 2009

    > Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:45:27 -0400
    > From: Dan Wilga <mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu>

    > Thanks, that's a big help. But it seems to rely on WOL, which I can't
    > get to work with the NIC in the SBE.

What's the mobo/NIC in your SBE?

Have you tried sending all the octets -backwards-, e.g., if your MAC
is 01:02:03:04:05:06, sending 06:05:etc?  There's a bug in some of
them that requires reversed bytes.  Worth a shot if you haven't tried
yet, anyway.  (A couple of my mobos have this bug, which I think is
worked-around in certain releases of certain distros.)