[mythtv-users] UI feedback in 0.22

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 18:06:48 UTC 2009

> I have posted about this (or something very similar) a few times over
> the past few weeks I was just told you need to use OpenGL (which I
> haven't tried yet).

I have tried with Mythbuntu 9.10 Beta and set Frontend to use OpenGL
and with a clean install (i.e. no recordings) it takes ages to move
between into menus like Watch Recording.  All I can think of is
perhaps the default Mythbuntu theme does not like my machine.  I would
not says its powerful but an Athlon XP 3200 should easily handle it
after all 0.21 works very speedily.

As updating the distribution has broke Mythbuntu for me so my machine
does not boot it just gets stuck repeatedly outputting text something
to do with ntp at boot I will have to wait for a new release to see if
a newer build of Myth fixes the problem.  Hopefully if it is a theme
related problem one of the new themes provided with 0.22 will solve
the problem.  I hope Metallurgy is migrated to MythUI as that is what
I am currently using - going off the mailing list and if I remember
correctly I think there is a chance.

Anyway can't wait for the new release hopefully and if there is a
problem in the final release I will post logs and hopefully be
directly to a solution.