[mythtv-users] Import Announcement for people using my Ubuntu repository

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 03:16:08 UTC 2009

Hi

I'm building 0.22 packages from the 0.22-fixes branch, I will put them
in the "testing" repository.

If you don't want to upgrade to 0.22 now, make sure you aren't using
"testing" , only "release".

There has been no need for testing for quite a while as the packages
in release can be used with any nvidia drivers (180.60, 185.18.36 and
190.36).

Those packages are built with the changeset
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/22432

If you are using digital audio with a surround system, do not use
"Stereo" for the speaker configuration like you used to , but "5.1"

Before you upgrade, read
http://www.avenard.org/media/Ubuntu_Repository/Entries/2009/10/15_MythTV_0.22-fixes_RC1_in_testing.html
and the 0.22 transition guide...

And remember, backup first !