[mythtv-users] 0.22 Release Candidate 1 available

William william_munson at comcast.net
Thu Oct 15 02:49:56 UTC 2009

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> The download links are in the announcement: http://www.mythtv.org/
>
> It's been a 19 months since 0.21 was released, so it's about time.. :)
>
> As most of you know the two major tasks were porting MythTV from the
> Qt 3.x libraries to the Qt 4.x libraries and porting much of the UI
> over to the the new MythUI framework. We also added support for some
> new hardware and made a large number of general improvements to the
> code. A detailed list is available here:
>   http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.22
>
> A lot of the potential of the new libraries is not taken advantage of
> yet, but we felt you had waited long enough for this release. The
> Terra theme has been added to show that the UI can now be radically
> transformed without writing any code. Honestly, every part of MythTV
> has been altered in some way.
>
> This is just a _release_candidate_, developers will be monitoring
> the ticketing system and a number will also be reading this mailing
> list to see if there are any major issues that need to be resolved
> before the actual release.
>
> -- Daniel

Had a chance to test it today and it looks good for a -rc1 however I am
having an issue with it and trunk not finding my firewire STB. It may be
something in my setup but it worked with 0.21. Will file a bug report if
I cannot find anything wrong with my setup. Currently requesting help in
another thread so will see how that goes.

William