[mythtv-users] elementary MiroBridge error

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Thu Oct 15 01:15:44 UTC 2009

Greg,
    The offending code in Miro Bridge has been there since the Alpha
version. I am curious to know what version of Python you have installed.
All of the Miro Bridge testing was done with Python version 2.6.x

To get the version of Python type the following in a terminal like this
example:

 > python
Python 2.6.2 (release26-maint, Apr 19 2009, 01:58:18)
[GCC 4.3.3] on linux2

Hit ctil-D to exit

The statements that are giving you trouble all start with ".strftime(u'"
and using a text editor, you could substitute that for ".strftime('" in
mirobridge.py getting rid of the "u" character. Unfortunately I could
not guarantee that some other unicode related issue would not arise.

No one else has reported this issue but with so many various *inux
distributions out there that does not mean much.

Doug