[mythtv-users] The state of MythVideo ISO playback

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 16:50:29 UTC 2009

I have a few dozen ISO rips of the main titles of children's DVDs.
They all play well enough in 0.21-fixes (using VDPAU on an ION
system).  But there are lots of problems in 0.22 (I most recently
tried svn22433).  Out of the first 12 videos in my collection that I
sampled, 5 of them had problems.
  o One (Disney's Beauty and the Beast) basically doesn't play at all,
with practically frozen video and terribly stuttering audio.
  o One had jerky playback as it frequently switched between
interlaced and progressive mode, which mostly clears up when you lock
it to Interlaced.
  o Three had the problem where audio plays at normal speed while the
video races, which is corrected by pressing rewind or ff followed by
play.  The logs show initial playback at 40fps, later corrected to
24fps.

I've seen discussion about the latter two issues.  I'm wondering about
the prognosis for 0.22.  This will be a big WAF issue (she doesn't
watch these videos, but she may start the playback for the kids).  I
can also provide logs, test patches, etc. if that will help.

Jim