[mythtv-users] Cutlist in MythVideo?

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Tue Oct 13 04:56:58 UTC 2009

> Message: 13
> Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:14:37 -0400
> From: Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Cutlist in MythVideo?
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>
> On 10/12/2009 04:04, belcampo wrote:
>> If you search the list for Editing/transcoding HD-PVR you'll find a
>> way to cut junk at start and end.
>> Search for cutlist to ogg chapter file and you'll find a way to create
>> a mkv muxed with chapters, which you can use as it where chapter
>> selection from a DVD. Works perfect. You probably need mplayer for
>> playing, I don't know if internal works.
>
> Internal does not currently support MKV chapters., so yes, you would
> have to use mplayer.

I'm glad someone resurrected a pointer to this thread.  I'd like to point
out that Doug's solution with avidemux for editing WORKS for me now, since
I've begun using AC3 5.1 audio out of the HD-PVR instead of AAC stereo -
avidemux would segfault or hang with AAC audio but saves the file without
a hiccup with AC3.  I still have a problem with A/V sync with the raw file
(most of the time) but found that if I toss in a +500ms shift with
avidemux, it seems bang-on afterward.

I still have noted issues with mplayer and sound lag occasionally
afterward (progressively lags, but if I hit the back-arrow once, it's in
sync again) - even on a pretty beefy box using VDPAU.  But I don't think
that's an HD-PVR issue.

Slightly OT, I guess, hopefully not too much.  Now back to your
regularly-scheduled programming. ;-)