[mythtv-users] Hiccups in the sound and small pauses

OJ olejl77 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 18:12:40 UTC 2009

> It would be interesting to know if you are using the same card as me and
> perhaps what satellite you are using. Are you receiving HD channels fine?

I used to run a combined FE/BE and Ubuntu 9.04. MythTV was running
trunk. This setup was working very good for at least a year.

I recently bought a separate FE, and had some strange problems getting
the FE/BE communications working so I switched to Mythbuntu 9.10. The
FE is a Zotac ION board. I am running the v 185 of the nvidia-vdpau
drivers. Running kernel 2.6.31-13-generic.

I am using Nilesat, and I am not aware of any transponder changes, but
I have re-scaned after setting up the new system. Using a
TT-Budget/S-1500 PCI card. I don't have access to any HD channels, but
watching videos (ripped DVDs) seems to work fine. I haven't tested to
make recordings to check if that fails as well, but that is my next
step... I have also tried various playback profiles without any luck.