[mythtv-users] Scripting (or not) Ideas

William william_munson at comcast.net
Mon Oct 12 02:01:42 UTC 2009

William wrote:
> bit maelstrom wrote:
>> <<The only way I know of is to modify the xml files that control the
>> menus so that there is only one main page which is the watch
>> recordings page. I dont know the details as I like all the other
>> features.>>
>>
>> Well, I only want to limit the capability for this one remote, so
>> that's probably not the way to go.
>>
>> So I'm back to making a button play a particular recording. Anyone
>> know of any sample scripts?
>>
>> ===Blake===
>

> I have recently seen an example here on the list however a quick
> search did not find it. It was in the past few days and may have been
> in answer to your earlier button question.
>
> W.

Found it. Here is the message rather than try to point you to the original.

--------------------------

For anyone interested, I created a theme image for Hulu that goes along
with the Blootube-wide theme.
Feel free to download it: http://gregms.com/images/hulu-mythtv.png

Used the following to add it into the menu:
  <button>
     <type>HULU</type>
     <text>Hulu</text>
     <action>EXEC /usr/bin/huludesktop</action>
   </button>

Use the following in the blootube-wide/theme.xml file:
<buttondef name="HULU">
   <image>text-blank.png</image>
   <watermarkimage>watermark/hulu.png</watermarkimage>
   <offset>0,0</offset>
</buttondef>

This is all on MythTV .21. I'm unsure what would change on .22.
Haven't had a chance to really test everything out yet. Though I have
noticed it will freeze part of the time on exiting. I'm unsure why that is.

-Greg Smith