[mythtv-users] Latest Mythbuntu weekly build broke my backend

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 22:23:05 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 6:19 PM, John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 6:10 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> 2009/10/12 John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com>:
>>
>> > Uninstall all of the myth-themes as they are from an older package, once
>> > they are all uninstalled do the upgrade over.  The mythbuntu guys
>> stopped
>> > packaging the themes independently a week or so ago and caused this
>> issue on
>> > my machine as well.  Once you get mythtv-common and the other packages
>> > updated, your backend "should" work again.
>>
>> bad themes would never cause that error. Neither would mythtv-common.
>>
>> That particular error is due when mythplugins wasn't compiled with the
>> current version of the libraries and the version mismatch
>>
>> If using trunk you can't just upgrade the backend and nothing else.
>> *everything* should be running the same version for both the frontend
>> and the backend as well as all plugins.
>>
>> That updating the themes for you fixed your issue is just a
>> coincidence as you surely upgraded all other components at the same
>> time.
>>

> Yes they would.  On MYTHBUNTU (not from source), mythtv-common now installs
> some themes which were previously separate packages their weekly build ppa.
> This package and the old themes have file conflicts blocking the install of
> mythtv-common.

Also, if you look at the Mythbuntu ppa record (
https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/trunk-0.22/+packages)<https://launchpad.net/%7Emythbuntu/+archive/trunk-0.22/+packages%29>in
launchpad, the mythbuntu folks have not updated their themes packages
since 10/03 yet are still updating the other main packages (mythtv and
mythplugins) nightly.