[mythtv-users] Latest Mythbuntu weekly build broke my backend

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 22:10:30 UTC 2009

2009/10/12 John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com>:

> Uninstall all of the myth-themes as they are from an older package, once
> they are all uninstalled do the upgrade over.  The mythbuntu guys stopped
> packaging the themes independently a week or so ago and caused this issue on
> my machine as well.  Once you get mythtv-common and the other packages
> updated, your backend "should" work again.

bad themes would never cause that error. Neither would mythtv-common.

That particular error is due when mythplugins wasn't compiled with the
current version of the libraries and the version mismatch

If using trunk you can't just upgrade the backend and nothing else.
*everything* should be running the same version for both the frontend
and the backend as well as all plugins.

That updating the themes for you fixed your issue is just a
coincidence as you surely upgraded all other components at the same
time.