[mythtv-users] Hauppage HVR-4000 and Myth 0.22

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Sun Oct 11 18:26:58 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 12:09 PM, sacha <sacha at hemmail.se> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 3:00 PM, sacha <sacha at hemmail.se> wrote:
>> Does anybody use Hauppage HVR-4000 with Myth 0.22 and has DVB-T part
>> working?
>> I have only DVB-S part working and yet only recording works, no
> LiveTV.
>> I am on Mythbuntu 9.10 beta on 64-bit.
>
> Howdy sacha,
>
> The first question on items like this is always what snapshot of
> mythtv you have?  Many, many DVB related fixes have gone in over the
> past 1.5 weeks.  I don't know that they affect the HVR-4000 directly,
> but if you haven't already, make sure to upgrade using either the
> official 9.10 (Karmic) repo, or if you want even more frequent updates
> (especially after Karmic releases), you can point to one of the
> mirrors or the PPA's (http://www.mythbuntu.org/auto-builds).
>
> Good luck,
>
>   Marc
>
> Thanks Mark
>
> By googling I found on myth-dev list a similar problem reported by
> another users
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/399997?search_string=hvr-4000;#399997 and your answer there refering to  https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/439163
>
> I have this:
> Please include all output in bug reports.
> MythTV Version   : 22354

> May be I should posted this on mythtv-dev?
> Anyhow it seems the problem is still there or am I wrong?

I don't see a need to post on mythtv-dev about it.  If its believed to
be a bug and you have some debug info that will help them resolve it,
open a ticket (which we did already for the channel scanning still not
working:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7292).

I just realized you haven't described what problems you are having,
but if that ticket describes it, then things are probably good.
Otherwise a new ticket may be needed.

Regards,

   Marc