[mythtv-users] Problems with Watching Recordings on Mac OS Mythfrontend

Alessandro alessandro.campobassi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 08:41:49 UTC 2009

2009/10/8 TJ Harris <tjharris at weaselworkz.com>:

>>> 0.21 is quite old.  Is that the same version as your backend?   I use
>>> 0.21-fixes, on my Mac frontend.
>>>
>>> To debug problems, I start mythfrontend via a terminal session, with
>>> the verbose debugging enabled.  For example: MythFrontEnd -v playback
>>> That should give you more detail on what is failing.    The actual
>>> executable will be located at: MythFrontend.app/Contents/MacOS
>>

>> I'm now running the 0.21-fixes.
>> I ran from the terminal session, and this time it is saying the 'the
>> File for this recording cannot be found' - yet I know it is there and
>> working as my linux front-end on another laptop can access, and play
>> the recordings just fine.
>
> I had similar behavior on a Linux frontend a couple weeks ago.   I was
> trying MythBuntu from a Live-CD, and I got a very similar error
> message.  The problem for me (and I found several other threads with
> similar problem/fix) was that the time zone was incorrect on the
> frontend.   Once I set the time zone to match the backend it worked
> fine.    I am not sure why that would be,  or whether this applies to
> the Mac frontend.

Hello. Yes, that was my issue too. Just changing the time didn't work,
I had to change the timezone on my mac.
I live in France, but my mythbox records UK TV, so I have left it on GMT.
There is probably a way to put it into CET, but I'll need to research
that first.

Thanks again for your help!
This list is always great for assistance for newbies like me!
Alessandro