[mythtv-users] Migrating recordings to a NAS

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 01:14:09 UTC 2009

> Australian dollars mate

Dang, I guess it is true that us Americans think we are the center of
the universe. Australian dollars makes a lot more sense now.

> Guess I should try it and see! Not much content is broadcast in true HD
> here, most of our HD channels are just poorly upscaled versions of the
> respective SD channels 90% of the time, but I still want the solution to be
> futureproof. The NAS is gigabit. I can't remember if the switch is, I have
> one that is and two that aren't.

My SD recordings are around 6 Mbit/s and Blu-ray discs are around
35-40 Mbit/s. So you can test the throughput on your network and get a
decent estimate of how many recordings it can handle. I find my
gigabit links to usually be limited by disk throughput rather than the
network.