[mythtv-users] For those of us hiding our myth boxen....

Colin Cross mythtv at colincross.com
Sat Oct 10 04:30:11 UTC 2009

On 10/09/2009 08:00 PM, Yan Seiner wrote:
> I ran across these today:
>
> http://www.l-com.com/productfamily.aspx?id=1388
>
> Panel mount USB jacks.  Rare as hens teeth, but the sort of thing you
> need if you put your myth FE into a closet and want to bring out just
> a minimum of inconspicuous connectors.  They have cat3 and cat5 panel
> mount jacks as well.
>
> --Yan

I also recommend http://homeavcables.com/72-125k-s-2.html or
http://homeavcables.com/72-125k.html, which fits in well with keystone
cat5e or coax jacks.  I'm using the USB over cat5e version with only
minor issues - the exact same series of cables fails when plugged
directly into my frontend, but works when I put a USB repeater between
the motherboard and the cable.