[mythtv-users] Strange HD-PVR/DISH incompatibility in AC-3 mode

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Oct 9 15:40:49 UTC 2009

On Friday 09 October 2009 09:25:07 David Herman wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Every night my DISH box (VIP 211k) shutdown and Restarts at 3am (DISH
> > update)
>
> I went in and configured the nightly shutdown/download/restart to not
> happen... Problem solved...
> Been running for a good sixth months with no problems

How did you disable that shutdown/download? I have a VIP722 and I have been
able to change the time of the update, but not stop it from happening.

It leaves me in a "press select to continue" state, so I send a select code
before any channel change request.

I'd like to stop the update, mainly because I don't trust
Dish's "improvements" to not hose me over.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org