[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Video Acceleration Question (h.264)

Peter Loron peterl at standingwave.org
Thu Oct 8 22:28:36 UTC 2009

On Oct 8, 2009, at 1:46 PM, Scott D. Davilla wrote:

>>> I certainly look forward to being able to use my ATV for more than
>>> just a paperweight.
>>> Jeff.
>>
>> Yeah! This will be a great addition to ATV. Another 256M of RAM
>> would be nifty, too.  :-)
>
> Dream on, it's not really needed and there's a trick under Linux
> with the nvidia driver to re-gain 64MBs that the drive steals.

I've done that hack, and the FE is still slooooow when switching
between menus, starting up movies, etc. Yes, this is with the lowest
memory theme I can find, and nothing else running. It works, but
trying to explain to my wife that she needs to not hammer the arrow
button on the remote is hard..."just wait for it to catch up, honey."

-Pete