[mythtv-users] Anyone in UK - Don't forget to do your DVB-T retune today.

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Thu Oct 8 13:58:41 UTC 2009

Around about 08/10/09 11:44, Paul Gardiner typed ...
> I was just wondering if you could make a simple mysql script that did
> both the renamings you mentioned, and the channel/xmltvid settings.
> Then you wouldn't lose anything in a complete retune. I could well
> be failing to understand all you've said, though.

   Probably, but my script was predicated around my distrust of the Myth
scan, and the automation of my manual update process.

   I'm seriously considering changing my script to poke the pukka callsigns
back into the d/b so that there's a decent hook again for myth's scan (still
presuming that that's what it uses, I've still had no confirmation from
anyone), esp. given that 0.22's supposed to have much better re-scan
capabilities (which I've been hearing for a while).

   If I do that, I can then generate my own copy of the fix-up script posted
earlier (or poss. use that, I'd need to check) to tidy up ... well, whatever.

   However, it's not yet guaranteed that I'll be able to update to 0.22 for
quite a while.  I'm still running an old Fedora Core 5 box, which is now
unmaintained, and there's just not been the clear time that there used to be
during the year with nothing, or not much, on (as everyone's started showing
bits of series spread throughout the year!), so I've not had he time to risk
migrating the box to CentOS (which I want to do) and allow for potentially
taking ages to get it working again ...

   I did prepare a little recently by building myself a qt44 RPM set, and as
I already build my own fc5 myth RPMs I'll certainly try it when the dust
settles, but if it all goes pear shaped I may well have to revert to 0.21-fixes.

   I only mention all this last part in case anyone else out there is still
on FC5 and would like any working copies of what I build.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature