[mythtv-users] Still tearing my hair out with Myth 0.21 on Fedora 11

Chris Jones chris at mollingtonconsultants.com
Thu Oct 8 09:38:29 UTC 2009

[|] My CPU (an AMD X2) is certainly capable of hyperthreading and is most
certainly multicore.

> Try running taskset -c 0 mythtv-setup instead of just mythtv-setup.
> I have had this problem from time to time but not always.
>
> Jens
[|]
Thanks for that suggestion. Running that as you suggested seemed to work.
But if I do taskset -c 0 mythtv-setup -v all > /path/to/logfile & to capture
complete details of the problem that I am trying to identify, then it
crashes anyway, probably because mythsetup is trying to do too much, I
suppose.
--
Chris Jones